Let’s do some good in the world shall we. Lately there have been so many bad and negative things going on that I thought I would write a post about doing something good for someone else for a change. Doing something for someone can brighten up their day especially if it comes out of the blue and they are not expecting it. Not only will they feel good, but you will too. And who knows, you just might be the blessing that they needed for the day. Kindness doesn’t have to be a big gesture, it can be something small. The point is to do something nice for someone else whether you know them or not.
Here is a list of 30 Random Acts of Kindness to get you thinking of something kind that you can do for someone today.
30 Random Acts of Kindness
Give a compliment to a random stranger as you pass by on the street.
- Treat a co-worker to coffee or a treat on your break.
- Offer to help someone who looks like they are struggling with their bags
- Each time you get a new item of clothing donate an old item from your closet.
- Send flowers to a friend.
- Donate your time at a food or homeless shelter.
- Offer to babysit for a friend or family member so they get a break for the day.
- Smile at the next person you meet.
- At the drive thru pay for the person behind you.
- Hold open the door for a stranger behind you.
- Leave a bigger tip at a restaurant for the waiter/waitress.
- Give an envelope of money to a homeless person.
- Make a few care packages and donate them to a homeless shelter.
- Help some tourists take a group photo so they ALL can be in it.
- Call a friend or relative you haven’t spoken to in a long time.
- Give someone a hug.
- Pick up the trash in your neighborhood.
- Talk to a shy or lonely person who is sitting or standing by them selves.
- Just listen to a friend in need. Listen intently.
- Call you grandparent(s) just to talk.
- Write an inspiring message or quote and leave it on the desk of a co-worker.
- Help someone who is lost.
- If you spill milk or cream on the counter at Starbucks or your fave coffee house clean it up.
- If you’ve purchased a parking ticket for more time than you needed and you are leaving, give it to the next person you see buying a ticket.
- Hold the elevator.
- Write your partner a list of things you love about them.
- Say thank you to the cleaning staff. Or anybody who provides a thankless service.
- Volunteer your time.
- Do the dishes even if its not our turn.
- When you hear that negative discouraging self talk happening in your head, say STOP and let it go. Say something nice to your self. You deserve kindness too!
Over to you, what do you do to offer Random Acts Of Kindness? Let me know in the comments below.